Funded PhD studentships / PostDoc positions
ELIOS Lab offers funded PhD studentships / PostDoc positions open to home, EU and overseas students in the general areas of Internet of Thing (IoT) and High-Performance Computing (HPC) with applications in games, education, autonomous vehicles and health.
These are three-year studentships or one-year PostDoc positions covering tuition fees as well as a tax-free stipend of 15.000 euros per annum. Yearly benefits can be gained on the basis of performance and achievements.
Candidates must have a good MSc degree in Electronic/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline. Experience or interest in applied research is advantageous but not a strict requirement.
Main topics include:
- IoT middleware architectures
- Computing architectures for IoT
- IoT and big data for Automotive
- FPGA implementation of Domain-Specific Architecture (DSA)
- Deep-Reinforcement Learning applied to Games
- 3D interactive simulators for training of physicians and paramedics
- Modeling, simulation and game development for learning and training
ELIOS Lab works in collaboration with several Italian and international companies, in joint industrial research projects, also funded by the European Union under various programmes. Partners include: Fiat Research Center, Leonardo Company, BMW, VTT, Jaguar-Land Rover, PSA, Zanichelli, Objective. Internships with such and other companies may be defined.
Interested candidates are recommended to make email contact with us email@example.com